Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Leftover cookies?? Say what?!

As I was perusing other blogs, looking for new recipes, I stumbled upon something fabulous over at Pioneer Woman's blog. She had a guest blogger who had an awesome idea of what to do with any leftover Christmas cookies.
Stop laughing. No seriously, stop, you're creepin' me out.
I actually have a crap-ton of leftover cookies this year. Everyone brought me cookies! I have snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, chocolate chip oatmeal and I could go on, and on, and on.
Anyshway, the gist of her recipe was to take the old cookies and use them as a topping for a fruity dessert.
She used strawberries and chocolate chip cookies.
I had no strawberries. That's a lie, I do have strawberries, but they're frozen.
What I did have was fresh blueberries (Pickles LOVES blueberries).
I thought long and hard about which cookies to use.
Another lie.
It took me about 2.2 nano seconds for my brain to scream "SNICKERDOODLES!!"


My sister makes a mean snickerdoodle. She left a lot when she visited. Perfect use for them!
On with it...
Rinse the berries in cool water.
I only had about a cup of blueberries so I found a rather small baking pan. The more berries, obviously the bigger the pan/dish you'll need.
I sprinkled 1 Tablespoon of sugar on the berries, and tossed to coat.
Sugared berries so so purdy. Let's see them again.

Crumble your cookies over the top. Some coarsely, some more finely.
Drizzle 1 Tablespoon melted butter over your lovely dessert.
Pop it in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 10mins.
Ovens vary, so watch it. You want the cookies to turn a nice golden color.
As I pulled it out of the oven, I turned around and saw this:

I think she wanted some, what do you think?


Three little bowls for three little munchkins.
I dolloped some fresh whipped cream on top because let's face it, whipped cream should go on everything.
I set the bowls on the counter to cool while the kids ate supper. Their little eyes never left the bowls. I've never seen my children (with the exception of Pickles) eat so fast.
"I'm ready for my dessert!!!"
There was enough left over for The Dude and I to enjoy it too.
I have more snickerdoodles left. I may have to go out and get some more blueberries.
You know, for Pickles. Mwuahahahahaha!


My fabulous friend Ali gave me this little journal for Christmas. I love it. I love all the buttons and the ribbon. I've decided to fill it with all of our favorite recipes. That way, everything is together (The Dude hates how all of my recipes are scribbled on sheets of paper and shoved in a drawer) and ready to go should I need to bring them with me. Just getting ready for next hurricane season, ha ha.
I also hope that one day my children will fight over this little book. I can picture it now, at the reading of the will. There will be biting, hair pulling and baseball bats...all for my recipe book. Ok, maybe not.

ONE more thing before I go.

I lightened my hair a bit. You likey?? The Dude likey very much. Why is my hand up like that? I don't know.

Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

Letti said...

I saw that recipe on pioneer woman too and it looked delicious. Yours looks amazing too. I like teh new hair so fun.

Allison said...

Yummy! My kids love snickerdoodles and they love blueberries, too! What a great idea! Happy New Year!

The Blonde Duck said...

I like your hair a lot! I saw that recipe on the Pioneer Woman this morning!

The Farmers Wife said...

Dude, why dont you trot on over with your book o recipes and leftover cookies and we pow wow. I am so hungry, like not a normal size hungry, like I am a 1000 pound man trapped in a little womans body hungry. Something is wrong with me. Love the recipe.

Love the hair! I believe you said you were going to send a pic via phone, I see how you are....