Monday, December 29, 2008

Pneumonia, you suck

Dearest Pneumonia,
Why oh why did you have to pick this time of year to strike me down? Why, when I should be in full baking and cooking mode, was I laying on the couch in the playroom trying to muster up the strength to go potty (dude, I'm such a Mom, I just said potty). Pneumonia, that was probably the worst timing EVER.

Signed,
Me

As some of you may have noticed I have been absent from blogging. Now you know why. Not only did I have the pneumonia, but twin A and Pickles had bronchitis. Fun, fun, fun! Their pediatrician actually diagnosed me when I brought them in.

On top of all of that, my camera is brokey. Totally missed all the Christmas morning amazement photo ops. Oh well. Maybe I can catch a good after Christmas sale.

The only bright spot to my Christmas pneumonmia was that I got to spend a lot of extra time with my munchkins. It was kinda like a Christmas bonus for me. For a working Mom, having almost a full week with my kids was AMAZING. I cherished every second of it. Even with the pneumonia, I made the most of it. There were trips to the ice cream parlor, lots of outside play, lots of snuggles and cuddles and plain old Mommy time.

So anyway, I hope to be back in bloggy mode tomorrow, if not later today. I gotta catch up on some work that I missed.

Hearts, and belated Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Well, I'm sorry you're sick, but it is nice that it brought some goodness with it - your time with the kids! I hope you feel better soon!

The Blonde Duck said...

Feel better!

The Rambler said...

Girlfriend, hope you feel better....missed seeing you around.

And yes, one week with my kid sans work would be AWESOME!

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Sounds like pneumonia was a blessing and a curse.

I wandered over to your blog from SITS.