Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Handbasket to Hell, party of one!

I try to steer clear of the whole idea that there is a "good" twin and a "bad twin." I used to chastise people who asked me which of my innocent darlings was the bad one. I'm starting to rethink my standpoint. Not that I would ever, ever admit this to anyone aside from you people and if you try to pin this on me I'll deny, deny, deny! , and I'll probably be sent straight to hell for thinking this, but seriously. After this morning's tirade, I seriously considered changing Twin B's character name on this blog to Rhoda.



Common people: Rhoda Penmark...the ORIGINAL bad seed! I totally own a copy of "The Bad Seed" and watch it a lot.

Perhaps I'm being a little harsh. She's not really that bad. She's just the difficult chi....holy moses! It just occurred to me why she is that way! She's (technically speaking) the middle child! Ding! Ding! Ding! Bells and whistles!! Hmmm. Not that this makes dealing with her during her meltdowns ANY easier, whatevs.

Just this morning we were having the shoe struggle...yet again. Twin A and even Pickles (well he tried) put on their shoes and socks and were ready. Little Rhoda Twin B ignored me, trotted upstairs and refused to come down. The Dude finally carried her down where she still refused shoes. After loading everyone up I came back for her. I find her standing there with her arms crossed with that "I'm not going to do a single thing you say" look on her face. Don't lie, you know you know that face!

After hysterics THE WHOLE WAY (2 blocks) to the sitter I ask her what the deal was. "You didn't let me brush my teeth." SERIOUSLY?! She's won again, dammit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our office is being audited next week. F-U-N! So in preparation, we I was getting all the necessary files ready. Fifi "tries to help" by pulling on some files above my head. Two problems here: I am taller than her so why is she doing this and she's pulling on the bottom folder which is under eleventy-million other folders. I look up just in time to see file folders crashing down. PAPER CUT TO THE NOSE! Who gets a paper cut to the nose? I do, that's who.

Ok, ok, so it doesn't look bad in this picture. Camera phone picture, what can I say. Maybe I'm just whining.


12 comments:

The Farmers Wife said...

do you find it inappropriate that I come here to confess my undying love of you? Well, too damn bad. I shalnt stop. No one likes a quitter. Dude, fifi is wacky. Speaking of wacky, guess who is coming to see us finally cause her mom is off to the funny farm again? And bingo was his name-o.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOL I'm with Sassypants :). Love the pictures! We can make a shoe string song to replace the bob the builder song ... LOL

Roxane said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I shall stalk you now...um, I mean follow... One of my friends has 3 children, 2 of which are twins and I got her to confess that she too has a "bad twin" and a *gasp* "favorite child". Yes, it made me feel a bit evil. But i've got my hand-basket all decorated and my one way ticket straight to Hades!

Roxane said...

ps. I gave you an award over on my blog, check it out when you get a chance! Yes i know i've only been following for one day but I like to give credit where credit is due. A papercut to the nose deserves something!

Donnetta said...

OMG!!! My son had a meltdown of historic proportions over THE SAME THING! I bet he said, 10,000 times, at the top of his lungs, "I WANNA BRUSH MY (pause for even more dramatic effect) TEEEEEEETH!!!"

Poppin' over from SITS after I saw your comment. I was right there w/ya tonight. I woke up at 1:12 and thought, "What time zone is SITS in?" I have been refreshing the page for the last 45 minutes!!!

Unknown said...

Hi just stopping by from Sits to say hi. I really love your writing style. Keep up the good work.

The Blonde Duck said...

Ouch! That cut had to hurt!

Tiffany said...

Hi there! I'm coming over from SITS. Hope your paper cut heals promptly. :)

Alex the Girl said...

I'm thinking you need to enlarge your handbasket because there are going to be a couple of more coming along for the ride. Stopping by from SiTS and saying hello

Hello.

Anonymous said...

OMG that kind of stuff in the morning just kills me because it sets the tone for the whole day...I hate it too!

Aunt Julie said...

My Mom's a twin, and always claims she's the "good" one. Of course, my Aunt then says SHE's the "good" one. Neither one of them, however, has ever suffered a paper cut to the nose. Hey, have you received your Pop'rs yet? I'm anxious to hear what you think!

Anonymous said...

Ok, after dealing with the twin fifi would have needed to run away from me. LOL

I'm just saying :)