Friday, July 17, 2009

Fancy Shmancy

For our "big night" in New Orleans last week, we had secured some fairly inexpensive hotel rooms thanks to a friend's corporate discount. The week of said event, said friend with discount no longer works for the hotel. DIZZAMN. As Ali and I scroll through page after page of hotels in the Quarter that are not too far from the reception, she finds a deal that is too good to pass up. Where did we lay our pretty little heads last Friday night?
That's right. The mother-luvin Ritz-Carlton. Pictured above, my friends, are the chocolates they brought to lay on our pillows at turn-down time. Ali says when the lady saw the kids she threw in a few extra which I ate gave to the kids.
We had an amazing view of the river along with a few other nice views.
Excuse the slight blur, this was taken out of a window with a few sprinkles on it. But yeah, we had a full on view of Lenny's pad...much better view than what I photographed (I was just trying to get the river). Sadly, he was NOT sunbathing nude on the roof. Just my luck, eh?
Yeah, I took my 3 yr old twins and almost 2 year old son to stay at the Ritz. Fancy, no? How's this for fancy, they ate Lucky Dogs in bed at the Ritz-Carlton. Complete with red AND yellow ketchup. I've told them numerous times that it's called mustard but, you guessed it, I'm always wrong. What's that? You don't know what a Lucky Dog is? Here, check out their website. Anyone that has been down Bourbon knows the Lucky Dog carts. Nothing beats a Lucky Dog smothered in chili at 2am, NOTHING. Maybe that was an inaccurate statement. Nothing beats it at 2am for a pregnant lady, which was the last time I had one of those bad boys.
Shut up, shut up. Yes, I was on Bourbon Street at 2am when I was 7 months pregnant with Pickles. We had gone to a wedding and were out having fun. Perhaps I wasn't having so much fun, you know, wearing the heels, tired as hell trouncing the streets of New Orleans...whatever. I should probably mention that we also went to a strip joint that night. NOT MY IDEA! There were a bunch of us, more females than males actually, and it sounded like a good idea at the time. One particularly inebriated friend repeatedly tried to buy me a lap dance. I politely declined and asked the stripper to kindly remove her hoo-ha from my enormous belly. The stripped and I ended up chatting most of the evening. LOVED her tassels!
Where was I?
Oh yes, The Ritz. The room was ginormous and luxurious. I felt rather princessy. When people at the reception asked where we were staying, I simply replied "across the street." The usual response was, with jaws agape, "At the Ritz??" I'm thinking they all thought that was a bit above our standards and they'd be right. But like I said, it was an amazing deal so we did it.
The kids very much enjoyed the huge windows. In fact, for a little bit I thought they had all escaped the hotel room because when I came out of the bathroom they were all gone. Alas, they were simply hiding.
Pickles snapped this shot of Twin A. It made me giggle. Just the look on her face is of pure annoyance. Love it. Like, she was caught by the paparazzi leaving a club at 4am

4 comments:

The Farmers Wife said...

Dude, I bet those mints in a store would run a pretty penny eh? Were they any good? And more importantly, were they "real" chocolate, or that new fakey crap they are peddling now a days?

Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun!!!

JennyMac said...

I love New Orleans. Great pics and the one in the window of Twin A is priceless. :)

Becky said...

Holy Cow! You WERE all fancy with the red and yellow ketchup (oh and the Ritz-Carlton) LOL!
Sounds like a great trip:)

Thanks so much for stopping by on my SITS day!