Thursday, January 15, 2009

A contradiction in posts

In today's entry, you will find two topics that kinda don't go together. That's just how my brain works. It can't be fixed, sorry.

My weight loss journey. I've lost about 5 lbs. I don't feel like I have, but three different scales can't all be wrong (or can they??). I'm thinkin maybe I lost the 5 lbs in my hands, cuz my rings just keep slipping off.

This is not so good. Perhaps the photo tells you why. One of my bosses (the 60+ woman) say my hand like this and snapped, "What is that?!" Ooops. There are no anti-tattoo policies at work, she just doesn't like 'em. See, when I got it, they placed it where my rings would cover it. Well, when rings go slippy-slippy it becomes vi sable. Maybe I should gain the weight back????

Possible way to gain the weight back (hey, these two topics DO go together!!!!): Egg Rolls!! Wooo-yum.

I made these the other night. The Dude loves him some egg rolls. They're really easy to make. You can customize the fillings to fit your tastes.

The cast:

Egg roll wrappers (dur)

soy sauce

sesame seed oil (that's a personal preference on my part. I love it's nutty taste *stop giggling, geez*)

2 green onions, chopped

cole slaw mix

oriental seasonings

optional add ins include, but definitely not limited to: chicken, shrimp, pork & beef

I usually would add some freshly grated ginger, but somebody threw my knob of ginger that I keep in the freezer away.

Throw the coleslaw mix into a bowl. Add 2 tsp. soy sauce, 2 tsp. sesame oil, green onions, a few shakes of oriental seasonings and whatever add ins (or not). Toss together.

Get a little bowl of water to keep next to you while you fill your egg rolls. Take a wrapper and put about a tablespoon in the center. Fold the bottom corner up and over the mixture. Imagine you're folding a burrito.

Fold over one side (put a dab of water to seal), then the other.

Finally, roll it up, using water to seal the edge.This recipe made approximately 15 egg rolls. I cooked them all, cooled the ones we didn't eat, and froze those for another dinner.Fill the bottom of a frying pan with about 1/4 - 1/2 an inch of oil. Fry on each side till golden brown (about 2-4 mins.)Set on wire wrack over paper towels to drain and enjoy.

4 comments:

The Rambler said...

Giggling....you said nutty...buahahahahaha!

Alright, I'm over it. Sister, you totally could live here in Hawaii! Nice eggrolls! (stop giggling :)

~pen~ said...

sweet. i will have to try that... who cares what the old hag says...tell her to eat an egg roll ;) just kidding...have a great day love.

Star Forbis said...

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog today & Laughing with me.
Come back anytime.

Julia said...

I am so starving right now. I need to blog less at night when my food cravings go wild. And I am trying to loose the 4 lbs I gained over the holidays. AGGGHHHH!