Friday, October 3, 2008

Numero Uno






Peeps this, yo. I'm kidding. Ok so here we go. I'm starting this blog because I have a lot of ideas and I need a place to put them. I have a rather dry sense of humor and if you can't deal with that, well, um, sorry?. I'm not proper or entirely polite. I'm not a professional chef or decorator. My sewing skills are probably subpar, but this is me.

Today the kids' sitter called me at work and asked if I could come and pick them all up. Her son had been in a motorcycle accident. He's ok (yay!). Anyway, do you know what my first thought was (aside from wondering if he was ok)? Hobby Lobby! Woo-hoo. I've been needing, er, wanting to get over there for a couple of weeks now. I just never had the time. Only I would think it a brilliant idea to take three kids under the age of three into Hobby Lobby just before nap time. Of course I find what I need and head home. I must hurry, I have important things to do.

Over the course of the afternoon I baked cookies with the kids (ok, so they were cheater cookies, but how else can you let a set of not-quite-three year old twins bake?!), baked an apple pie (hello fall!!), decoupaged a previously ugly and plain trash can for the twins' room, finished and packed up a baby wrap for a friend (welcome to the world Logan!) and cooked a friggen awesome dinner (which all the kids ate! BONUS!!). Yes, I rock. Or maybe I'm just nuts. Either way, I had fun.

No comments: